Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bee Eye Why See: Cheesesteak

 
In doing my research for my B.I.Y.C. (Best In York City)  post about cheesesteaks I've gained almost a pound. That may not sound like a lot to you but I'm not even a foot tall so I think you get the idea that I ate a whole lot of cheesesteaks. In the end I came back to the first one I had when I started the blog back in August.

https://www.facebook.com/PeppersgrillePepper's Grille at Central Market are masters of taking tried and true favorites and putting their own unique spin on them to take them to a whole new level. Their Bacon Cheesesteak is a fine example of just how they turn it up to 11. I'll be honest: when I first heard about the bacon steak I didn't know if I would like it. I thought the bacon might make it a bit too salty. But when I had it I found that the bacon brought the perfect balance to a cheesesteak.

Just take one look at these pictures and you'll all see the care that owners Steve and Ginger put into all their creations. Everything that goes into the steak is fresh and of super high quality. The rolls come all the way from Philadelphia: aka Cheesesteak Mecca and Steve also gets his secret ingredient for flavoring the steak all the way from Virginia.

It all adds up to one of the best things you'll ever eat, and I've had enough of them that I need to get myself on a diet. There are many places to get a good cheesesteak in York but Pepper's it one place to get a true masterpiece of steak, bread, bacon and cheese. It's even better than my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment