Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Bear Market: M&M Farm

Cooking us some ground beef from M&M Farm
It may be hard for you to understand but every now and again I am just swamped with teddy bear related responsibilities. And for the last few days I have been up to my ears in teddy bear business. So I haven't been able to hang out at the Market in my usual meandering fashion over the last few days. But Tuesday was market day so I asked Heidi to pop over to the market and pick me up a few things so I could keep my Bear Market posts going.

So she stopped by the M&M Farms Stand and picked me up some hot Italian sausages and a pound of ground beef. Tuesday night Anthony and I had  the sausage with some pasta and it was pretty damn good. You could definitely tell that it was locally made as it lacked the blandness that a lot of the national brands that they sell at the supermarket sell. The main drawback was that it was frozen and it that it was not a product of M&M.

The ground beef does come from M&M's York County farm which is located down in Glen Rock. Here is where I can really rave. Once again the main difference is how much more flavorful the local grass fed beef is. We made chili with it tonight, but after we browned it we tried it before mixing it in with all the other chili ingredients. It tasted amazing just browned and drained of what little excess fat there was. No seasoning was needed to let the flavor of the meat shine through. Once it was incorporated into Anthony's chili recipe it really proved how much better local and grass fed really is.

If you're not into all this delicious meat maybe you can check out their website to buy hides and skulls, you now, for kicks. In the end getting your meat from M&M is always better tan going to a supermarket. I give them 3 paws out of 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment