Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bear Market: Copper Crust Company

Sometimes a teddy bear just needs pastry; know what I'm saying? Where we used to live the only place within walking distance to get (what passed for) a pastry was a gas station/convenience store and that wasn't happening. Now that we live downtown I'm blessed with more than one place to get great pastry and one of them is The Copper Crust in Central Market.

Copper Crust ticks all the boxes when it comes to their pastry case from cakes, muffins and cookies to scones, croissants and quiche. No word on if they are working on a cronut yet but if they tried to make one I'm sure it would be awesome. My usual order is a quick everything bagel but when I want a little more I go with a bacon egg and cheese sandwich on a bagel or croissant.

Today I tagged along to the market with Anthony as he did his weekly shopping and we decided to get a few things and share them. We got the beautiful cherry danish you see above (which fittingly has a beautiful copper crust) and a paris roll, which is the stunning cinnamon roll you see to the left. Other than the fact that I had to have Anthony feed me bites of each (they are delightfully sticky and I didn't want to spend the next 4 hours cleaning the fur on my paws) it was a perfect breakfast.

Copper Crust is open Tuesday through Saturday from 7 AM to 2 PM and also make a great destination for lunch with salads and lunch versions of their bagel sandwiches. Be sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment