Monday, August 26, 2013

Lady Bug Baking Company & Cafe

The big bites are Anthony's but I ate plenty too
In addition to my "Bear Market" series of posts where I blog about business in York's Central Market I will also be posting other reviews/opinion blogs from time to time under the label "Brought to Bear."

When Anthony and Heidi moved us into York's Market District one of the first places I noticed in our neighborhood was the cute little yellow shop at 33 N. Beaver called Lady Bug Baking Company & Café. And when I say cute you have to remember that I know of what I speak. I am, after all, an adorable stuffed panda.

In my pawfull of visits to Lady Bug I have tried a nice sampling of their sweet treats and one outrageously delectable lunch sandwich which you can see me pictured with above.

This sandwich is the "Madison" which is house-made mac & cheese, 4 strips of bacon, spinach and marinated tomatoes on a hoagie roll which is then pressed on a Panini machine.

Yeah that's right. Mac & cheese. And bacon. On a sandwich. Brilliant!

Thankfully Anthony picked this up and brought it home to me, because it was almost as big as me and I don't know how I would have gotten it the 150 yards back to the apartment. But as good as the sandwich was, what will really keep me walking down to Lady Bug is their baked goods.

I have had coffee cake, a few types of cookies and samples of the cupcake and brownie you see here. Not only have all of them been delicious I have also been impressed that the prices are more than reasonable for such high quality products. This value allows eating sweets at Lady Bug to be more of a regular indulgence than a special occasion visit.

One look at their website will also show that they make some very intricate and beautiful cakes for birthdays, weddings and other occasions. If they look that good while tasting as good as the treats I've samples in the shop they will be a wonderful addition to your event.

When you find yourself downtown and are looking for lunch or a treat be sure to visit Lady Bug. Either get it to go, or walk back to their great little dine-in area in the back and tell 'em a tiny stuffed panda sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment