Sunday, August 11, 2013

I'm Teddy and I Live in York City

The Wall outside York City Hall on South George St.
When you're a 36 year old teddy bear you face a lot of challenges. First things first: I'm not even a foot tall. In fact, much like the Smurfs, I'm about three apples tall. Secondly, I have no nose having lost mine when was but a cub. Third, and perhaps most importantly, I don't exactly have free will or the rights and freedoms of your average American, and it's not just because I'm of Chinese decent.

As a teddy bear people tend to look down on you, both literally and figuratively. I've never been able to get a real job due to the popular misconception that we Stuffed-Americans are some how worth less. So, since I have no job I have no money. And since I have no money, I have no place to stay or means of providing for myself.

For some teddy bears that would spell their doom. They'd end up discarded or worse, a chew toy for their kid's pet once the lil bastard left for college. In short, all the shit you saw in Toy Story 3 But I lucked out. My kid has never outgrown me and when the time came he took me along with him to college. Next he took me to his first apartment and eventually the first house he and his wife bought. So even though I have no way of providing for myself I have Anthony. Where he is, I am or as it is said in Latin: ubi ibi; (I learned Latin at the same time he did while he was in the Seminary)

So that brings us to the point of this blog. After selling that house with grand plans of traveling the world Anthony and Heidi decided to stay in town a bit longer and to make that happen they rented a place in down town York. We're right in the heart of all the action down here and I'm going to take the time to blog about all that's going on in this City.

Come along for the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment