Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bear Market: LettUsKnow

Anyone who reads this blog knows by now that I love eating at York's central market; so much so that I've put on a few pounds since we moved to the Market District. It's a classic conundrum: you want to eat at the Market, but you don't want to have a big sloppy burger or giant piece of pastry for the fourth day in a row. So what does an adorable little (but not quite as little as I was a few months ago) teddy bear do for lunch on a Saturday?

Salad.

I know, I know: total cliché. The vegetable eating panda, but I was badly in need of some guilt-free sustenance and thanks to one of the market's newest stands I can have it. LettUsKnow just opened in the last few weeks but the concept is so perfect that I can't believe it hasn't been done there before now.

When you step up to the salad stand you have an infinite number of salad outcomes available to you. You start with a choice of greens such as spring mix, romaine, iceberg, spinach and baby arugula before moving on to your accoutrements. Step two entails picking 4 toppings from a list like apples, cilantro, cheese, broccoli or peppers. In step three you add the "crunch factor" with croutons, nuts, seeds or tortilla strips. Now you pick from one of almost two dozen dressings before moving on to optional add-ons.

The add-ons are proteins and cheeses like ham, different styles of chicken, shrimp and turkey or blue cheese, goat cheese and feta. When it's all put together you have a custom salad for right around $7 and when you're done you don't have to feel bloated and/or guilty. I highly recommend LettUsKnow and couldn't be happier that they have joined the market family.

No comments:

Post a Comment