Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bee Eye Why See: Coffee Shop

It's a good thing Heidi gets decaf or I'd be wired!

Since we moved downtown Heidi has been leaving the apartment at the same time every afternoon. I used to think she was going to see one of the boyfriends that she and Anthony are always talking about, so I climbed into her laptop bag last week to see where she was going.

Turns out, she has been spending her afternoons working at a local coffee shop called The Green Bean. Now, I'm not what you'd call a coffee drinker, I come from the place brought you tea after all, but you know what they say: when in Rome. So I had a couple of pulls on Heidi's Decaf Iced Coffee with Toffee Nut Syrup and a splash of half and half, and let me tell you: my eyes were opened. I know what you're thinking: "Teddy you don't have any eyelids so your eyes are always open" but I was speaking metaphorically. Don't be difficult.

As I sipped on Heidi's drink and nibbled on her peanut butter cookie I began to realize that I was missing out. So I asked her a simple question: is this the best coffee shop in the city. Her answer was a resounding yes. There are only a few other options but after trying them all out multiple times Heidi settled on Green Bean as York's best.

She says that not only is the coffee great, and the ambiance condusive to work (which for her is smut writing) or just catching up with friends, but, you are always well taken care of by Vanessa and Jen. As and added bonus, since the shop sits across Beaver St from the Police Station you're always bound to see a few of  York City's finest.

So if you're looking for a place to have a cup of joe (hot or cold) and some sweet treats the best place to go in York is the Green Bean. You might even see Heidi and I there, because I'm hooked now!

No comments:

Post a Comment